Brooklands Motor Museum 21st September 2019 Sale(#41) 21/09/2019 9:30 AM GMT CLOSED

Auction info
Auction lots per page
Results: Viewing items 1-48 of 168.
 
View
    • Sold:£1,540
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number101
    • RegistrationN/A
    • Chassis NumberN/A
    • Odometer ReadingN/A
    • Engine NumberN/A
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelJaguar E-Type Pedal Car
    • FE Cat descTri-ang pedal cars were produced from 1929 until 1977. This is a fully restored Tri-ang pedal car in the shape of a Jaguar E-Type Series I Roadster. It is in fabulous condition and would make a great addition to any garage, man cave, lucky child or perhaps it could be one for the grown-up kid in all of us. Guide Price £700 - £1,500
    • Sold:£1,540
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£4,662
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number102
    • RegistrationV889 DDY
    • Chassis NumberZDCPD10A0XF150906
    • Odometer Reading2,970 miles
    • Engine NumberPD06E4100693
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelTransalp XL600V '50th Anniversary'
    • FE Cat descThe XL600V Transalp ably represents the uniquely focused machines that Honda has designed, as much to venture off the beaten path as to travel in comfort along the highways and byways of the urban jungle. Based, in part, on the Paris-Dakar racers, the Transalp looked like a rugged desert stormer but it offered superbly comfortable ergonomics and the ability to cruise motorways with remarkable ease. The 50th Anniversary Edition of the Transalp harkened back to its original silvery blue colour, to provide a nostalgic 'retro' look for older customers who remember its astonishing debut, while at the same time provided a fresh 'new' look to appeal to younger riders for whom the Transalp is an old standby. This rare Transalp XL600V anniversary model is one of the last of the desirable 600cc twin disc models. Having covered just 2,970 miles from new, it is completely original and unmolested, including its anniversary key and finished in Winter Lake metallic blue with stripes and graphics. It is supplied with the commemorative emblem, a complete, full Givi luggage kit, original handbook and service book, a V5 registration document and an MoT test certificate which expires in June 2020. This is an opportunity to own a highly competent and rare, limited edition Honda. Guide Price £2,000 - £4,000
    • Sold:£4,662
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£3,960
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number103
    • RegistrationOBA 936P
    • Chassis Number105617
    • Odometer Reading11 miles
    • Engine Number105617
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelSilver Bullet (350cc)
    • FE Cat descRoyal Enfield was the brand name under which The Enfield Cycle Company Limited of Redditch, Worcestershire, sold motorcycles, bicycles, lawnmowers and stationary engines. The Enfield Cycle Company also used the brand name Enfield without Royal with the first Royal Enfield motorcycle built in 1901. They are responsible for the design and original production of the Royal Enfield Bullet, the longest living motorcycle design in history. During the period when Royal Enfield closed production in the late 1960s, so many parts had been manufactured in Redditch that they continued to build bikes for a further three of four years. Some of the parts were bought by an Indian entrepreneur who shipped them to India where a number of bikes were assembled using the parts manufactured in the UK. It is believed that this bike is derived from this time. Although maybe not assembled by Royal Enfield in the UK, the parts used to assemble the bike were indeed manufactured by Royal Enfield in the UK. This specific motorcycle was used as the catalogue or demonstrator bike, it spent many years standing in a warehouse and was hardly ever used. It was imported to the UK a few years ago by an ex-Royal Enfield engineer who then totally restored the bike to a fully working condition. Presented today in lovely polished condition, this trials variation, single-seater, 350cc Royal Enfield is a very handsome machine with ample chromework to keep clean! This motorcycle is supplied with a V5C registration document and MoT test certificate until November 2019 and the vendor has not used it since the rebuild, hence the 11 miles odometer reading. Guide Price £3,000 - £5,000
    • Sold:£3,960
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£4,107
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number104
    • RegistrationFFY 538D
    • Chassis NumberCB72 1005690
    • Odometer Reading32,460 miles
    • Engine NumberCB72 E1005717
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelCB72 250cc Super Sport
    • FE Cat descThe CB72 was a complete game changer when it arrived in the UK in 1963. A sixties teenager's dream with inclined, twin-cylinder overhead camshaft engine sitting in a race style spine frame, with 8" twin leading shoe brakes to both the front and rear. The 180° parallel twin was almost over-engineered, and of course, because each cylinder fired separately, they each required a carburettor and two sets of contact breaker points. The engine, in typical Honda fashion, was a stressed member of the frame, and the handling was very good. This original UK supplied 1966 Honda CB72 250cc Super Sport was purchased in 2015 by the current owner, a specialist film rental company, just after the motorcycle had been fully restored. Finished in black and chrome, this has had four owners from new and has been in many television soaps in the UK including EastEnders. This 250 Super Sport is supplied with a V5C registration document and a few old MoT test certificates. Probably the defining motorcycle for any Honda enthusiast, this handsome and beautifully engineered machine is offered here without reserve.
    • Sold:£4,107
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£2,530
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number105
    • RegistrationJVG 441M
    • Chassis NumberCB550 01003030
    • Odometer Reading32,386 miles
    • Engine NumberCB550E.1003087
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelCB550/4
    • FE Cat descIn the mid 1970s Japanese manufacturers seemed to find the market for a sporting middleweight motorcycle a little confusing. It was as if the they were not sure where their customers wanted them to go next. There were plenty of flashy 350 and 400 bikes from the big four but these were mostly two-strokes with the notable exception of Honda’s fours. Honda was also producing a middleweight four-stroke, four-cylinder sports tourer and, in the process, it created a whole genre. It had launched its CB500/4 in 1971 to complement the class leading CB750/4. Within a few years, Honda was competing with Suzuki and its softly tuned two-stroke GT550 triple. Honda increased the capacity of its four and the CB550/4 replaced the CB500/4 in 1974, producing a popular model that remained in production until 1978. This 1974 Honda CB550/4 was purchased by a specialist film vehicle rental company in 2013 after it had been imported in to the UK early that year. The mileage showing, when purchased, was 31,916 miles, meaning that this motorcycle has only covered approximately 470 miles since 2013. The reason being that the bike has not been used on the road and only used on TV and film sets. Painted in the classic Honda brown, this CB550/4 is supplied with a V5 registration document and a couple of previous MoT test certificates from when it was imported. A true Honda classic offered to auction without a reserve.
    • Sold:£2,530
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£6,105
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number106
    • Registration226 XUU
    • Chassis Number175TV3.500276
    • Odometer Reading20,230 miles
    • Engine Number175TV/2.500403
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelTV175 Series III
    • FE Cat descManufactured by the Italian industrial giant Innocenti, the Lambretta motor scooter mobilised an entire generation of Italians in the immediate post-war years. The scooter gained instant acceptance everywhere, its cleanliness and convenience, in particular, appealing to those who did not have the inclination, time or money for the larger motorcycle. Scooters would eventually surpass their strictly utilitarian origins to become an integral part of British youth culture in the 1960's. The Lambretta TV175 was all new and incorporated innovations of enclosed chain drive and a four-speed gearbox. Latterly they moved the headlamp from the front apron to the handlebar fairing, thus creating what for many enthusiasts is the definitive Lambretta look. This 1962 Lambretta TV175 Series III was imported to the UK in 2009, it then had one owner until it was purchased by the current owner, a specialist film vehicle rental company, in 2014. Being part of their large collection, this scooter has been in several TV and film productions, the most recent being 'Good Omens' released in May 2019 and the new Walt Disney film ‘Artemis Fowl’ which will be released in the Spring of 2020. It is supplied with a V5 registration document and a file containing old MoT test certificates showing that this scooter has only covered just over 400 miles since being imported. This is an opportunity to purchase a sought after scooter, with unique recent history, and offered without reserve.
    • Sold:£6,105
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£4,730
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number107
    • RegistrationTLJ 341R
    • Chassis Number112859
    • Odometer Reading39 miles
    • Engine Number112859
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelSilver Bullet (350cc)
    • FE Cat descRoyal Enfield is a brand with the tag of 'the oldest global motorcycle brand in continuous production'. First produced in 1901, Royal Enfield is the oldest motorcycle brand in the world still in production with the Bullet model enjoying the longest motorcycle production run of all time. During the period that Royal Enfield closed production (the mid to late 1960s), so many parts had been manufactured in Redditch that they continued to build bikes. Some of the parts were shipped to India where a number of bikes were assembled using the parts manufactured in the UK, it is believed that this bike is derived from this time, although maybe not assembled by Royal Enfield in the UK, the parts used to assemble the bike were manufactured by Royal Enfield in the UK. This specific motorcycle was used as the catalogue or demonstrator bike and has been standing in a warehouse ever since. First manufactured in January 1977, this trials variation is a single-seater 350cc and presents in very good condition. Imported in 2018, it was then totally restored to a fully working condition. VOSA and the DVLA were supplied with sufficient documentary information for them to certify the year of manufacture before registering the bike for use in the UK. The importer then sold the bike to a collector from whom the present owner bought the bike in June 2019. This is a machine with ample chromework and is supplied with an MoT test certificate which expires on 16th November 2019. While exempt from an MoT test certificate and road tax, it is confirmed as 'road worthy', not just a pretty face. With light use since a rebuild the odometer reads just 39 miles. This is a great looking bike offered without reserve. Guide Price £3,000 - £5,000
    • Sold:£4,730
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£2,860
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number108
    • RegistrationSSK 474
    • Chassis NumberGC34017
    • Odometer ReadingN/A
    • Engine NumberYPF3177
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelSeagull 250cc Villiers
    • FE Cat descFounded by Gordon Francis and Arthur Barnett, using their surnames as the title, they set up shop in old Excelsior works in Coventry in 1919. The downturn in the motorcycle market in the early 1920’s prompted them to switch from producing expensive, high-quality machines to more utilitarian bikes. First seen in 1923 was the triangulated, pin-jointed, straight-tube frame models whose novel method of construction gave rise to ‘Built Like a Bridge’ advertising slogan. This 1937 Francis Barnett Seagull was first purchased from Frank Roper Motorcycles (Sheffield) on 26th July 1937 and used up until 1940. The owner then went to war but was never to return. The bike was then purchased by Mr. John Benn from Tapton, Sheffield around the 1970’s. A keen biker who also entered the Isle of Man TT, John then sold the bike to D.W. Jowett Newton Abbot who bought it for the original registration number DWJ 679 which he put on his Jaguar Sovereign. The bike then became an ornament in his home. His son-in-law bought the bike from him and also used it as an ornament in his lounge in Suffolk until it was sold to the previous owner who got it up and running. It was purchased in October 2018 by a specialist film vehicle rental company and has been used in the making of a BBC, World War II series called ‘World on Fire’, which will be screened shortly. Supplied with a V5 registration document, this bike had the tyres replaced in 2018. It has the Villiers XIV-A 250cc two-stroke engine with twin-fin ended exhausts, a three-speed Albion gearbox, drum brakes front and rear and front headlamps. The paintwork is the original brush painted factory finish black with gold pin stripe which is in outstanding original condition.
    • Sold:£2,860
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£3,500 - £6,000
    • Sold:£2,860
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number109
    • Registration569 HRR
    • Chassis NumberT71603
    • Odometer Reading6,113 miles
    • Engine NumberT2071603
    • Estimate£3,500 - £6,000
    • ModelT20 Tiger Cub
    • FE Cat descIntroduced in March 1954, the Triumph T20 Tiger Cub was a snip at £127, a little over half the price of its big brother, the 650cc Triumph 6T Thunderbird. This attractive four stroke 199cc bike with its instantly recognisable exhaust note, was Triumph’s answer to the popular, but smokey, two stroke BSA Bantam. Built at Triumph’s factory in Meriden and with a top speed approaching 70mph, the Cub won many admirers selling over 110,000 units in the 15 years of its production. You will have to travel far and wide to find a better example of this popular model. This great-looking silver example has undergone a full nut and bolt restoration which was completed in 2016 and it has travelled less than 150 miles since. Contained within the history file are invoices pertaining to the restoration. Our vendor informs us that this bike runs really very well and that the original hand pump can be found under the petrol tank. A fully matching numbers example that is supplied with the V5C registration document and many old MoT test certificates, this example is supplied with a dating certificate and recognised by the Tiger Cub Owners Club with its provenance logged in their archive.
    • ESTIMATE£3,500 - £6,000
    • Sold:£2,860
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£5,060
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number110
    • RegistrationTOF 502H
    • Chassis NumberXD03522
    • Odometer Reading22,352 miles
    • Engine NumberHD10324
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelThunderbolt (650cc)
    • FE Cat descThe BSA Thunderbolt was designed as a touring motorcycle. A traditional air cooled 650cc, twin cylinder with a single large bore Amal Monobloc carburettor, it did not suffer from the same level of vibration as earlier BSA twins and could comfortably cruise at 70mph and reached over 100mph. Fitted with 12 volt electrics, a Zener diode voltage regulator and twin coil ignition, the Thunderbolt sold well. From 1968, it benefited from a number of minor improvements including a longer kick, start to make starting easier, metal tank badges and stiffer suspension to improve cornering. This, two former keepers example, is in stunning order, the previous keeper purchased the bike from Wells Motorcycles in 1974 and the receipt for this is contained within the history file. The bike was restored to a very good standard in 2010/2011 which is detailed with invoices, it has been serviced and MoT'd since the restoration, details of which are all included in the accompanying file. A UK V5 registration document is also present as are two sets of keys and a manual. Our vendor states that this Thunderbolt starts and rides very well with a new MoT test certificate. A stunning motorcycle offered without reserve. Guide Price £3,500 - £6,500
    • Sold:£5,060
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£3,300
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number111
    • Registration3682 MY
    • Chassis NumberT2071597
    • Odometer Reading62 miles
    • Engine NumberT2048039
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelT20 Tiger Cub
    • FE Cat descBased on the Triumph T15 Terrier 150cc, the 200cc T20 Tiger Cub, designed by Edward Turner and launched in 1953, competed well against the other small capacity motorcycles of the time such as those using Villiers two stroke engines. The earlier version of the Cub used the Terrier's plunger rear suspension frame but, from 1957, this was updated to a more modern pattern of rear swinging-arm with twin suspension units and the ignition points were positioned in a 'distributor' type device on the crankcase behind the cylinder. This delightful Tiger Cub is presented in red over silver with very good chromework and, we are informed, runs beautifully. This example is registered with the Tiger Cub Register and is accompanied by the appropriate dating certificate for both engine and chassis. The engine was recently fully rebuilt and the odometer replaced with a new unit. This bike is supplied with some bills alongside the UK V5 registration document. A lovely example of the very popular T20 ready to enjoy. Guide Price £3,000 - £5,000
    • Sold:£3,300
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£6,438
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number112
    • RegistrationFNB 286C
    • Chassis NumberG274554
    • Odometer Reading11 miles
    • Engine NumberG2/74554
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelCafe Racer (500cc)
    • FE Cat descThe functional design of the Bullet, also known as the G2, first appeared in 1947 in Redditch, Worcestershire, the home of Royal Enfield. From a company with a fine sporting reputation and the pioneer of dry sump lubrication, the Bullet was the first motorcycle to incorporate swing arm suspension in a production machine. The Bullet was developed into one of the most successful trial machines of its day with Royal Enfield riders winning most of the major events. Later wins in British classic circuit racing and flat track events in America emphasised the basic soundness of the design. This motorcycle was born from Royal Enfield closing production in the late 1960s however due to the vast amount of excess parts they continued to build bikes for a further three or four years. In this time many parts were shipped to India and, we are informed, this bike was built as a demonstrator or catalogue 'chrome edition' bike in 1977, as such it was not been used whilst in the warehouse overseas. Built using all UK supplied Royal Enfield parts, this gorgeous 500cc Cafe Racer is presented in 'polished chrome'. This bike was imported to the UK and restored by an ex-Royal Enfield engineer and has covered less than 15 miles since being rebuilt in 2018. Originally manufactured on 1st January 1965, this Silver Bullet come Cafe Racer will certainly turn heads and with its 500cc engine it has the performance to match. Presented with a UK V5 registration document and an MoT test certificate to prove road worthy until April 2020, this is a fabulous bike offered without reserve. Guide Price £3,500 - £6,000
    • Sold:£6,438
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£3,300
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number113
    • RegistrationPSY 301
    • Chassis NumberR1388398
    • Odometer Reading60,723 miles
    • Engine Number88398/R13
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelModel 50 (350cc)
    • FE Cat descThe original Norton Company was formed by James Lansdowne Norton at 320, Bradford Street, Birmingham, in 1898. In 1902, Norton began building motorcycles with French and Swiss engines. In 1907, a Norton ridden by Harry Rembrandt 'Rem' Fowler won the twin-cylinder class in the first Isle of Man TT race, beginning a sporting tradition that went on until the 1960s. The first Norton engines were made in 1907 with production models available from 1908. These were the 3.5bhp (490cc) and the 'big four' (633cc), this began a line of side-valve, single-cylinder engines which continued with few changes until the late 1950s. Owned since 2006, this lovely 350cc Norton appears largely original which is rare as most were cannibalised as the 'featherbed' frame was desirable and used to build 'Tritons'. It would appear our vendor, who is sadly no longer with us, restored the motorcycle between 2007 and 2009 for which a large amount of invoices can be found within the history file. The brightwork is in very good order as is the paintwork on both tank and guards making this Norton is a very handsome bike indeed. The odometer reading of 60,723 is believed to be correct and within the history file are previous MoT test certificates and a UK V5 registration document which are accompanied by invoices and the Norton Owners Club details, for which our vendor was a member. This is a very popular motorcycle offered without reserve. Guide Price £4,500 - £5,000
    • Sold:£3,300
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£1,650
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number114
    • RegistrationTBC
    • Chassis NumberTBC
    • Odometer ReadingTBC
    • Engine Number246D-9126
    • EstimateNo reserve
    • FE Cat descBarrie’s father, Frank Williams, was the proprietor of Bromyard Engineering Ltd.His father, Edmund Williams, had been involved with bikes and car for many years. Frank Williams was involved in the design and building of Fastakart confirmed by the interesting history folder. Barrie Williams seemed to love driving these karts and was quickly the teams’ number one driver. The kart offered for sale here was his first racing machine and marked the beginning of a successful racing career lasting over 50 years. Barrie went on to win many races in this kart including the Spanish Grand Prix in 1961. Barrie Williams was in demand and switched to racing a huge variety of cars and won the Welsh RAC Rally in a Mini Cooper. In recent years ‘Whizzo’ decided to restore his beloved kart back to its former glory, photographic evidence is in the file. Fitted with a powerful Villiers engine, the result is a machine that will be welcomed into any historic classic event. This Fastakart is a superb machine with magnificent provenance that is ready to go.
    • Sold:£1,650
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£1,650
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number115
    • RegistrationRJ52 VLA
    • Chassis NumberSARRJZLHK3D271229
    • Odometer Reading22,000 Miles
    • Engine Number85625187701656
    • EstimateNo reserve
    • Model75 Connoisseur
    • FE Cat descThe Rover 75 was manufactured by Rover Group and later by MG Rover. The Rover 75 was available with front-wheel drive in either a saloon or estate body style and latterly, in long wheelbase form and a rear-wheel drive, V8 engined specification. Rover 75’s were built at Cowley, Oxfordshire, for just a year when the owners at the time, BMW, divested its interests in Rover and the 75 was built by the new MG Rover Group at their Longbridge site in Birmingham. Production of the Rover and later MG badged models ceased on 8th April 2005 when manufacturer MG Rover Group entered administration. Originally registered on 31st October 2002, the current registered keeper purchased this Rover on 14th December of the same year. The car covered 18,000 miles in the first eight years on the road and has covered 4,000 miles in the last nine years. Presenting in excellent condition throughout, this Rover drives exceedingly well with no rattles or squeaks. Powered by a 1.8 litre diesel engine which is mated to a five speed automatic gearbox, this 75 Connoisseur is a well equipped vehicle with electric seats, park distance control, heated seats, air conditioning and cruise control. Supplied with a V5C registration document and a current MoT test certificate; Rover 75’s are an underrated vehicle and could have investment potential.
    • Sold:£1,650
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£880
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number116
    • RegistrationP251 UMR
    • Chassis NumberSARRDWBGBAD018770
    • Odometer Reading85,854 miles
    • Engine Number18K4FJ31442721
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelF
    • FE Cat descThe MG F was the first new model designed as an MG since the MGB that was produced from 1962 to 1980. It was initially designed by the Rover Group during the period it was owned by British Aerospace and was brought to market after the business had been sold to the German car manufacturer BMW. It was powered by a 1.8 Litre K-Series 16-valve engine, the basic having 118 bhp while the more powerful VVC (variable valve control) had 143 hp. Steve Harper of MGA Developments produced the initial design concept in January 1991 having been inspired by the Jaguar XJR-15 and the Ferrari 250LM, before Rover's in house design team refined the concept under the leadership of Gerry McGovern. An interesting feature of the F was its Hydragas suspension, a system employing interconnected fluid and gas displacers which provided a surprisingly compliant ride but which could be tuned to provide excellent handling characteristics. This very nice example is presented in green with black interior and matching black hood. It has electric windows and is powered by the potent 1.8 litre engine mated to a five speed gearbox, providing lively performance on the open roads and is particularly fun to drive with the top down. This MGF comes with an MoT test certificate which expires in June 2020, twelve service stamps, many invoices and its original book pack.
    • Sold:£880
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£7,000 - £12,000
    • Sold:£8,030
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number117
    • RegistrationEOJ 108L
    • Chassis NumberCP765880
    • Odometer Reading129,951 Miles
    • Engine NumberCP076645HE
    • Estimate£7,000 - £12,000
    • ModelTR6
    • FE Cat descThe TR6 was introduced in 1968 and was the bestseller of the TR range when production ended in July 1976. The bodywork closely resembled that of the previous model, the Triumph TR5. The design house, Karmann Consultants, squared off the front and back ends to give the TR6 its sharpened look. Fitted with a 2.5 litre, in-line, six-cylinder engine, the TR6 could reach 60mph in just over 8.5 seconds and onto a top speed of 120mph. It featured a four-speed manual transmission with an optional overdrive unit and semi-trailing arm independent rear suspension, 15" wheels and tyres, bucket seats and a full complement of instrumentation. This lovely example of the TR6 is offered in red with black trim and a desirable manual overdrive gearbox, importantly this is a fuel injection model with the CP engine and 150bhp rather than the less powerful carburettor system or later 120bhp CR engine. Our vendor has owned this example for some five years and states that it has never let him down, providing many a joyous weekend drive. Upon reviewing the comprehensive history file, we found the original handbook and stamped service booklet coupled with some original receipts. The history details that in 1988 the car was subject to an engine rebuild at 117,500 miles, this was coupled to a raft of other works since then including a respray in 1987, brake servo and new slave cylinder in 2002, injectors in 2009 and in 2004, the head was converted to unleaded. A genuine, privately owned, honest and useable classic, this TR6 represents fabulous value-for-money motoring and has a great comprehensive history to boot.
    • ESTIMATE£7,000 - £12,000
    • Sold:£8,030
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£5,772
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number118
    • RegistrationFAS 461
    • Chassis NumberSIE 131692
    • Odometer Reading3,555 miles
    • Engine Number132270
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelEight Tourer
    • FE Cat descThe Morris Eight was a small family car with a production run from 1935 to 1948. Its inspiration coming from the popularity of the Ford Model Y. The success of the Eight enabled Morris to regain its position as Britain’s largest motor manufacturer. Compared to its peers, the Morris Eight was a well equipped car with the driver being provided with a full set of instruments including a speedometer with a built in odometer, oil pressure and fuel level gauges and an ammeter. Registered in February 1937, this charming Morris Eight Tourer presents extremely well in green. Recently fitted with a new convertible roof and battery, FAS 461 is described by the vendor as being tremendous fun to drive. Offered to auction with a V5C registration document and a file containing various bills and invoices and nearly 50 years of MoT test certificates. This four seat tourer is available without reserve.
    • Sold:£5,772
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£3,441
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number119
    • RegistrationMKF 553
    • Chassis Number9588
    • Odometer Reading40,516 Miles
    • Engine Number8719
    • EstimateNo reserve
    • Model14hp Saloon
    • FE Cat descR. H. Lea and G. I. Francis started making bicycles in Coventry in 1895 at branched out into car manufacturing in 1903. Originally building cars under licence for the Singer Company, they started to build their own cars in 1919. In 1922, Lea-Francis formed a relationship with Vulcan of Southport sharing manufacturing and dealers. Vulcan supplied bodies and, in return, got gearboxes and steering gears. The Lea-Francis company produced some notable motorcycles and cars but financial difficulties surfaced on a regular basis. The original production site was abandoned in 1937 and moved to different site in Coventry were it stayed until finally closing in 1962. Registered in February of 1951, this 14hp Lea-Francis saloon has been in the vendor’s family for the last 14 years. Presented to auction with a V5C registration document and reassuringly, although exempt, an MoT test certificate valid until November, 2019. The history file for this Coventry saloon car contains various bills and invoices as well as an instruction book and number of Owners Club magazines. Benefitting from a sunroof and looking well in dark green, we are informed that MKF 553 runs well. Offered without reserve, this rare model presents an inexpensive opportunity to own a British classic.
    • Sold:£3,441
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£9,000 - £12,000
    • Sold:£10,267.50
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number120
    • RegistrationGHU 308B
    • Chassis Number9013370
    • Odometer Reading97,185 miles
    • Engine Numbertbc
    • Estimate£9,000 - £12,000
    • Model2CV AZU AK350 Light Van
    • FE Cat descThe Citroën 2CV is, unquestionably, one of the most important European cars of all time. It helped to put the French working class on wheels, especially important after the ravages of WWII and offered basic transportation, a boon to the French economy both from transportation and a manufacturing standpoint. It was technologically advanced and innovative but with uncompromisingly utilitarian and unconventional looks and deceptively simple Bauhaus inspired bodywork that belied the sheer quality of its underlying engineering. It is considered one of Citroën's most iconic cars. In 1953, 'Autocar' in a technical review of the car wrote of, "...the extraordinary ingenuity of this design, which is undoubtedly the most original since the Model T Ford”. It was designed for low cost, simplicity of use, versatility, reliability and off-road driving. For this it had a light, easily serviceable engine, extremely soft long travel suspension (with adjustable ride height), high ground clearance and for oversized loads a car-wide canvas sunroof. This 2CV AZU AK350 light van is a rare righthand drive example and benefits from recent work carried out. The floors have been replaced and the Citroën has had a thorough check-over by the fastidious vendor. It is thought the Belgium post office may have used these vehicles in righthand drive format so the postmen could get out of the vehicle and step straight onto the pavement. Finished in grey with Bugatti livery, this Citroën 'deux chevaux' is fitted with a 602cc engine to help with modern day traffic and is supplied with a V5C registration document. We are advised she will have a full years MoT test certificate prior to auction. These are such iconic vehicles with a passionate following.
    • ESTIMATE£9,000 - £12,000
    • Sold:£10,267.50
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£17,000 - £22,000
    • Sold:£24,750
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number121
    • RegistrationOKB 725
    • Chassis NumberB501SP
    • Odometer Reading65,355 miles
    • Engine NumberB500S
    • Estimate£17,000 - £22,000
    • ModelR-Type Saloon (Standard Steel)
    • FE Cat descThe R-Type is the second series of post-war Bentley motorcars and replaced the Mk. VI. Essentially a larger boot version of the Mk. V. The R type was a development of the Mk 6 Bentley with several mechanical improvements such as higher rear axle ratios, the chassis and engine being carried forward into the later S class which remained in production until the Silver Shadow of 1966. As with its predecessor, a standard body was available as well as coachbuilt versions by firms including H.J. Mulliner, Park Ward, Harold Radford, Freestone and Webb and others. Even by this date, there was little difference (other than the radiator grilles and the carburation) between the standard Bentley R-Type and the Rolls-Royce Silver Dawn, though Bentley was still the more popular sporting marque. Indeed, the vast majority of cars produced were Bentleys with some 2,500 units manufactured during the R-Type's run. During development, it was referred to as the Bentley Mk. VII; even the chassis cards for these cars describe them as Bentley 7's. The R-Type name, which is now usually applied, stems from chassis series RT. The front of the saloon model was identical to the Mk. VI but the boot was almost doubled in capacity and the engine increased in displacement from 4¼ to 4½ litres. This elegant example was purchased new by Lady Lever of Lever Brothers and has had only two owners in the past 30 years. The present owner purchased the car to relive the happy memories of his father owning an R-Type in the 1960s. This car was the best of many cars viewed by our vendor and was then bare metal re-sprayed by B & G Coachworks of Royston, at a cost of around £17,000, who can confirm that it was virtually rust and rot free, as it had been protected for many years having several layers of paint providing the weather protection (three of the four doors required no repair) and all rubbers were replaced at the same time. As the vendor is in his seventies, electric power steering was fitted which transforms the car into one finger parking! We are informed by the vendor that the engine is so quiet it is almost silent. This wonderful British classic comes with a full set of small tools and a set of large tools which are kept in the boot. MoT test certificates dating from 1993 accompany the car and these would appear to indicate that the current mileage may be correct. A quiet and very usable car, only being offered for sale due to ill health, at a fraction of the money spent by the current vendor.
    • ESTIMATE£17,000 - £22,000
    • Sold:£24,750
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£29,000 - £35,000
    • Sold:£31,900
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number122
    • RegistrationF474 LSA
    • Chassis NumberZLA831AB000492174
    • Odometer Reading130,025 km
    • Engine Numbertbc
    • Estimate£29,000 - £35,000
    • ModelDelta Integrale 16V
    • FE Cat descThe Delta Integrale was born out of the ban on Group B rally cars. The Lancia won 10 victories out of 11 rallies and the world title in WRC in 1988. The eight valve Delta had won, ahead of every rival in every continent, demonstrating its unrivalled performance, reliability and durability. But Lancia did not let this lull them into complacency. The 16 valve HF Integrale was being developed and was to run alongside its stablemate during the 1989 season. The new car was identifiable from its predecessor by the raised centre of the bonnet created to accommodate the new 16 valve engine. The other exterior changes were; wider arches, wheels, tyres and new identity badges at the front and rear. The 16 valve Integrale was first shown to the public at the 1989 Geneva Motor Show. Further development of the 16V engine included a Garrett T3 Turbocharger, larger injectors and a highly efficient intercooler. A new overboost provided 200bhp and 137mph performance with a 0-62mph time of 5.5 seconds. Brisk, even by today’s standards. The road going Integrale is spirited and reliable and great fun to drive, rewarding the driver with superb feedback and outstanding rally bred handling power. This Lancia Delta has recently been imported from New Zealand and prior to that it lived in Japan for a number of years. Unusually for a car that has travelled the world it is supplied with a host of paperwork and invoices. Clearly the owner in New Zealand was smitten with this car as he spent large sums maintaining the car. In 2012, she had an engine rebuild and in January 2019 over $26,600 (£13,500) was spent at Euromarque in Christchurch ensuring this car presents in the highest possible standard. Finished in red with black leather trim and supplied with a V5C registration document together with an MoT test certificate valid until 11th February 2020 and an impressive history file. This Lancia Delta Integrale 16V is virtually unmarked and is one of the finest examples available today.
    • ESTIMATE£29,000 - £35,000
    • Sold:£31,900
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£29,000 - £33,000
    • Sold:£27,500
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number123
    • RegistrationD680 XRX
    • Chassis NumberWBAEE320900760348
    • Odometer Reading126,500 miles
    • Engine Number600638083448
    • Estimate£29,000 - £33,000
    • ModelM635 CSi
    • FE Cat descThe BMW M635CSi was the brainchild of BMW’s Motorsport department and arrived to the market in 1984. Karmann manufactured the early 6-Series BMWs from launch in 1976 before BMW took production in-house. The engine was a development of the M1 supercar's 3453cc, 24-valve, six-cylinder unit producing 286bhp, the increased power necessitating chassis improvements which included altered weight distribution, revised suspension, larger brakes and a limited-slip differential. There was also a close-ratio five-speed gearbox (or four-speed multi-mode auto) and a more luxurious interior, while outwardly this ultimate 6-Series model was readily distinguishable by virtue of its 'M Technic' body kit. Performance was impressive with the M635CSi being capable of reaching 0-62mph in around six seconds on its way to a top speed in excess of 155mph. This fabulous matching numbers M88 powered 'Shark' comes from a private BMW collection and is presented in probably the best colour combination of Cosmos Blue with classic blue houndstooth interior. The present owner is only the second recorded owner after GB UK. The car is accompanied by an extensive history file including the original owner’s handbook and service book in its original wallet. There are also many invoices, old MoT test certificates and a present MoT test certificate which expires in June 2020. After purchasing the BMW in 2016, the vendor had some of the car refurbished to bring it up to the fantastic standard that it is today (photographs of this work can be found within the history file) and, in 2018 the car received a mechanical and electrical refresh by BMW marque specialists Retro Engineering of Redditch. All the electrics are currently in working order including the air conditioning, sunroof, front and rear windows, seats and headrests. The car drives extremely well and still feels quick on the open road even by today’s standards.
    • ESTIMATE£29,000 - £33,000
    • Sold:£27,500
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£23,000 - £28,000
    • Sold:£23,100
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number124
    • Registrationtbc
    • Chassis NumberB141LH
    • Odometer Reading70,269 miles
    • Engine NumberB189B
    • Estimate£23,000 - £28,000
    • ModelMk. VI Lightweight Saloon by H.J. Mulliner
    • FE Cat descThe Bentley Mk. VI was the first post-war luxury car from Bentley and produced from 1946 to 1952, it was also the first car from Rolls-Royce with factory coachwork but chassis were still supplied to independent coachbuilders. The chassis and engine went on to be used as the basis of the Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith of 1946 and Silver Dawn of 1949. The factory bodies were made by Pressed Steel Ltd of Coventry and sent to the Bentley works at Crewe for painting and fitting out with traditional wood and leather. Those buyers with a more discerning palette and deeper pockets also had the option of using one of the many coachbuilders available at the time such as H.J. Mulliner & Co, a British coachbuilding company started in 1900 in Brook Street, London. The company prospered, being closely linked from the outset with the leading makers of chassis and practically with Rolls-Royce. Coachbuilding continued after the Second World War but on a reduced scale and, in 1959, an approach was made to Rolls-Royce which resulted in the company being taken over by them and eventually merging with their other coachbuilding company in 1961 to make H.J. Mulliner, Park Ward. This stylish Bentley Mk. VI lightweight saloon by H.J. Mulliner is one of 41 cars built to design number 7243, it was supplied new by the Bristol Motor Company Ltd, in August 1951, to W. J. Naylor (painting contractors) Ltd, based in Bristol. The car was ordered specifically without a sunroof and painted in royal blue. According to the registration document, this car only had two owners until 2000. In the mid 2000’s it was purchased by a Belgium gentleman who was a member of the RREC, he then sold it and it was registered in Germany. Now finished in blue and silver with the original blue leather interior, this Mk. VI lightweight saloon is supplied with the German registration documents and a set of the chassis cards supplied by the RREC. The Mulliner lightweight is regarded as one of the prettiest coachwork designs fitted on the Mk. VI chassis, so much so, Mulliner built a further 34 examples on the later R-Type.
    • ESTIMATE£23,000 - £28,000
    • Sold:£23,100
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£24,000 - £27,000
    • Sold:£22,000
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number125
    • RegistrationEU Registered
    • Chassis NumberSCALA61E1WCH01025
    • Odometer Reading40,165 miles
    • Engine Number60461438
    • Estimate£24,000 - £27,000
    • ModelSilver Seraph
    • FE Cat descThe Geneva Motor Show of 1998 saw the launch of the all new Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph. This new car was hand built at the Rolls-Royce factory in Crewe. It replaced the Silver Spur which ended production in 1997. The car had a base price of £155,175 in the U.K. and was powered by a 5.4 litre, aluminium alloy BMW V12 engine, making it the first twelve cylinder Rolls-Royce since the 1939 Phantom III. This well equipped Rolls-Royce was fitted with adaptive ride control and anti-lock brakes and shared a platform and bodyshell with its contemporary; the Bentley Arnage. In both cars the seats and dashboard were upholstered in Connolly leather with the door cappings and folding rear picnic trays finished in burr walnut veneer. The build quality of this new model was described as being the best Rolls-Royce to date. Originally registered on 19th December 1997, this Rolls-Royce presents extremely well in the classic combination of Peacock Blue paintwork and magnolia Connolly leather. Arguably the most popular colour combination for this model. The inside of this great car greets with an abundance of woodwork and exceedingly comfortable seats. The smooth 5379cc, V12 engine offers brisk performance. As one of the last Rolls-Royce models to be built at the spiritual home of the brand these cars are becoming recognised by collectors and enthusiasts as fine investments. Originally registered in the UK, this Rolls-Royce has recently returned from use as a wedding conveyance on the west coast of Ireland. Offered to auction with a file containing various bills and receipts for service work and the original Irish registration documents, this splendid car represents fantastic value.
    • ESTIMATE£24,000 - £27,000
    • Sold:£22,000
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£31,000 - £35,000
    • Sold:£44,000
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number126
    • RegistrationJJ 4098
    • Chassis NumberGEX 7
    • Odometer Reading75,452 miles
    • Engine NumberR2-U
    • Estimate£31,000 - £35,000
    • Model20/25 Saloon by Lancefield
    • FE Cat descBased in Queens Park, West London between 1921 and 1948 and originally known as Gaisford and Warboys, the Lancefield Coachworks Ltd was a builder of bespoke car bodies. Their speciality was introducing sporting elements into what was considered to be ground breaking designs. The company name was derived from the companies early site of Lancefield Street. During World War II the coachbuilders switched their business to building aircraft components and it was to this industry they returned in 1948. It is thought that Lancefield only coachbuilt 25 Rolls-Royce 20/25’s from new, making this model extremely rare. This example certainly endorses the company tradition of streamlined design with its low roof line, polished waist rail and beautiful 'trouser crease' front wings, rear luggage trunk and large sunroof. This Rolls-Royce presents extremely well in black and grey paintwork with grey leather to the front and fawn Bedford cord to the rear. The previous owner of this handsome saloon was an ex-Concorde captain. During his 37 year tenure the car benefitted from a complete engine rebuild by David Haines, as well as a rebuild of the dynamo, the starter, the magneto, the coil and the Autovac. The comprehensive list of works include a re-coring of the radiator, re-chroming of the bumpers a full rewiring and retrimming. This impressive saloon is also fitted with an external cartridge oil filter and overdrive. A large history file with invoices and photographs accompanies the car along with accessories that includes a bottle jack, wheel spanner, starting handle, copper mallet and a Rolls-Royce tool box with assorted spanners and tools. This very well cared for car is presented to auction with a V5 registration document, a drivers handbook, maintenance manuals and service literature. This MoT test exempt Rolls-Royce is a stunning example of this rare model. It is pleasing to think that when this 20/25 was built Henry Royce was still alive, I am sure that if the great man saw JJ 4098 today he would be pleased as well.
    • ESTIMATE£31,000 - £35,000
    • Sold:£44,000
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£6,050
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number127
    • Registration671 XUX
    • Chassis NumberAR110319
    • Odometer Reading21,424 miles
    • Engine NumberAR0053016779
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelGiulietta Ti 'Rallye'
    • FE Cat descThe Alfa Romeo Giulietta launched at the 1954 Turin Motor Show. The pretty little coupé was powered by the jewel-like, all alloy 1290cc twin overhead cam engine that incorporated hemispherical combustion chambers and domed pistons. The engine was mated to an alloy cased four speed gearbox. The performance and styling was a revelation for a production car in 1954 and many were campaigned in major motorsport events very successfully in their day. In 1955, the Berlina (saloon) was introduced with similar mechanical specifications and 1960 brought a new series new ('101') Giulietta, incorporating many upgrades. Giulietta production in coupé, spider and berlina forms ceased in 1965. The Berlina Ti models ('Turismo Internazionale') was the luxury model of the range with righthand drive examples of the Ti being the rarest of the production saloons. This very rare original factory righthand drive 1961 Giulietta Ti was renovated by Benalfa Cars in 2010 as part of a determined project to be competitive in the European Historic Racing circuit. The engine was changed to a period 1500cc Alfa Romeo unit, rebuilt with forged pistons & rods, rally cams, alloy crank pulley, competition valve springs, hard valve seats, electronic fuel pump, twin Weber DCOEs, Petronic optical points distributor, limited slip differential, five-speed gearbox and a host of other performance enhancements. The Alfa is fitted with obligatory fire apparatus, roll-cage and Securon safety harnesses. The history file contains receipts in excess of £28,000 invested in recent years on keeping the cars performance at the top end of its class capability and excludes all other racing expenses and consumables. Included in this cars many attendances are the Monte-Carlo Historique Rally each year between 2011 - 2018, Le Jog and XIII Rally Costa Brava all piloted by the one registered UK keeper shown on the V5. Make no mistake; these little Alfa Berlinas are a revelation in performance and drivability. Whilst the car is carrying a few external scars, offered at no reserve, this represents an exciting opportunity to step into the historic racing fold with so much of the work done already in getting the car to be consistently competitive, while still satisfying European circuit scrutineering.
    • Sold:£6,050
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£42,000 - £48,000
    • Sold:£44,000
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number128
    • RegistrationKV 1783
    • Chassis Number14L999
    • Odometer Reading62,829 miles
    • Engine NumberL834
    • Estimate£42,000 - £48,000
    • ModelAlpine Tourer
    • FE Cat desc Introduced in 1926, the Riley 9hp twin-camshaft four cylinder engine was an outstanding design by any standards with various versions powering Rileys until 1957, so it was not so surprising that to create its first Six the firm simply scaled it up, adding two cylinders. This new power unit retained the 9hp four's 60.3mm x 95.2mm bore and stroke dimensions for a total capacity of 1633cc, and first appeared late in 1928 powering the Stelvio fabric-bodied saloon. Alternative styles on the Six chassis were the saloon and special tourer, both bodied by Riley's Coventry neighbours, Hancock and Warman. The Coventry marque's pre-war offerings were among the world's finest small-capacity sporting cars and its new 14/50hp Six was no exception; the chassis was similar to that of the contemporary Nine, consisting of open, channel-section main members swept up over the rear axle, and measured 10' in the wheelbase. Manufactured in May 1932, this Riley Tourer is a matching numbers example and has a virtually continuous history from new. This Alpine is also a special series model fitted with the associated upgrades of 10” Rotax headlamps, bronze bodied triple carburettors and twin spare wheels. The car is fitted with the correct four speed ‘silent third’ gearbox; however this example is fitted with close ratio gears. The engine has been rebuilt at a cost of over £18,000 and is fitted with ‘hot camshafts’ giving the car a decent turn of speed at higher revs. This Riley Alpine Tourer resided in Prince Rainier’s Monaco Motor Museum for 20 years. A delightful car to drive and comfortably seating four people if required, this car has been well maintained with invoices on file for over £30,000 and it benefits from a tonneau cover, hood and hood bag. This is a rare car in good order and with an interesting history.
    • ESTIMATE£42,000 - £48,000
    • Sold:£44,000
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£45,000 - £52,000
    • Sold:£39,600
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number129
    • RegistrationLVM 24
    • Chassis NumberB50KM
    • Odometer Reading48,001 miles
    • Engine NumberB25K
    • Estimate£45,000 -£52,000
    • ModelShrive Special
    • FE Cat descWhen the Bentley Motor company ran into financial difficulties during the late 1920’s they were purchased by Rolls-Royce who created a new company, Bentley Motors (1931) Ltd. Under the stewardship of Rolls-Royce the new company launched the 3.5 litre Bentley model to instant success and universal praise. 1936 saw the introduction of the 4.25 litre model which replaced the 3.5 litre version. Both the chassis and power units for these models were popular bases for special models, giving potential buyers a great deal of choice in the look of their new car. This 1951 Bentley Special was one of 31 built by Geoffrey Shrive on a Mk. VI R-Type and uses a 4.25 litre Bentley engine. It is listed on page 281 of the book ‘The Crewe Cars’. In 2014 the vendor commissioned a restoration of this Shrive special for a road trip from the U.K to Lake Como. The vendor describes this Bentley as having the combination of effortless power and style. This four door tourer was built in the style of an early W.O Bentley and presents well in green. Presented to auction with a V5C registration document, this MoT test exempt Bentley special is a magnificent vehicle to drive.
    • ESTIMATE£45,000 - £52,000
    • Sold:£39,600
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£8,140
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number130
    • RegistrationHPK 897K
    • Chassis Number114022220188555
    • Odometer Reading46,000 Miles
    • Engine Number11498022010060
    • EstimateNo reserve
    • Model250 CE (W114)
    • FE Cat descThere is purity to the 250 CE that, if you know your beans, can only have come from the pencil of Paul Bracq. He was brought in to refresh the line-up of Mercedes-Benz and he did that rather well. A subtle blend of modernisation and, simply, a good eye, heralded the 250 CE with its lowered roofline and lowered seats to maintain headroom. The windows wound down completely out of sight and the 2.5 litre, fuel injected, engine propelled this model up to a perfectly respectable 115mph. First registered on November 16th, 1971, with fewer than 50 remaining registered on British roads, this uncomplicated Stuttgart coupé comes with the classic Mercedes-Benz colour combination of brown over cream. The interior presents in tan MB-Tex and tidy throughout. Some remedial welding took place in June 2017 and latterly, Broadley & Holmes, independent Mercedes-Benz specialists, undertook a gearbox oil service as well as the installation of new headlights, gearbox mounts and engine mounts just last year. The previous month, the same specialists replaced brake hoses and pads, oil, fuel and air filters, sparkplugs, fan belt, power steering belt and radiator hoses in addition to a new steering wheel, complete dashboard, period radio and glovebox. JDO Instruments refurbished the dials ensuring everything works as it should. The car itself was re-painted in 2018 and it will be presented at sale with an MoT test certificate expiring in June 2020, a full service by H&M in Ashford, specialists in German car mechanics as well as previous documentation and paperwork.
    • Sold:£8,140
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£31,000 - £34,000
    • Sold:£36,300
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number131
    • RegistrationL90 TWS
    • Chassis NumberSALLDWBS7BA407742
    • Odometer Reading27,900 Miles
    • Engine Number110611141601244DT
    • Estimate£31,000 - £34,000
    • ModelDefender 90 2.4TD XS (Twisted upgrade)
    • FE Cat descThe Land Rover Defender was launched in 1948 and, incredibly, production only finished in January 2016 after a continuous run of 67 years. Outwardly, there is little to distinguish the post-1983 vehicles from the Series III Land Rover. A full length bonnet, revised grille, plus the fitting of wheel arch extensions to cover wider-track axles are the most noticeable changes. Internally, coil springs offered a more comfortable ride and a permanent four-wheel drive system derived from the Range Rover featuring a two-speed transfer gearbox with a lockable centre differential. A modernised interior and a new series of progressively more powerful and modern engine characterised things under the skin. This Defender 90 2.4TD XS is an exciting opportunity to own a rare and amazing example of the iconic Land Rover Defender with Twisted Performance P10+ upgrade to 182bhp and an automatic gearbox. This is one of the best looking Defenders we have seen and is in fantastic order. Twisted are perhaps the world's leading bespoke restorer and upgrade specialists with their Defenders often seen anywhere from off-road in the Yorkshire Dales to the high streets of Kensington. Supplied with delivery mileage by Bramley, this Defender looks superb in Orkney Grey with Saddle Brown hide and has a fantastic set of features including 18" five spoke alloys, Recaro CS seats, sunroof, air conditioning, heated front seats, rear LED lights, rear bumper step and tow bar, Twisted P10+ Performance Package, Road Sport Suspension Package, KBX upgrade grille and vent set, Dynamat sound proofing kit to full Interior, wing mirrors in body colour, front bumper in body colour, LED daytime running lights, rear cross member in gloss black, privacy glass, steering guard in body colour, Momo steering wheel, extended leather to door cards, dash, visors and window surrounds, Mantec spare wheel carrier, reversing camera, Alpine stereo system and more. The registration L90 TWS is included in the sale and completes this ultimate Defender, it has just been serviced in July 2019 by Harwoods Land Rover, Basingstoke for complete peace of mind. New, this Defender would have cost over £80,000 so viewing is highly recommended.
    • ESTIMATE£31,000 - £34,000
    • Sold:£36,300
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£48,000 - £58,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • Lot Number132
    • RegistrationFJ60 EBM
    • Chassis NumberSCBBA63Y7BC015299
    • Odometer Reading41,150 miles
    • Engine Number300221
    • Estimate£48,000 - £58,000
    • ModelMulsanne
    • FE Cat descBentley made Le Mans their spiritual home, especially having won six straight victories in the past and so it is no surprise, their flagship car should be named after the most famous bit of straight road in the world. The Mulsanne. This model replaces the hugely successful Arnage and was unveiled at the 2009 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in August 2009. The hugely successful 6.75 litre, as used in the previous Arnage was retained although now lighter and featuring cylinder de-activation and variable cam phasing to improve fuel efficiency. Customers had a choice of 114 paint colours, 21 carpet colours, nine wood veneers, and an incredible 24 interior leather hides. The thing about dealer demonstrator examples are that they are there to show off everything that model has to offer. Lucky then, that this is one of these rare examples offered at the Leicester Bentley agent. It is the pride and joy of the vendor and is superb in every way. It benefits from the expensive ‘Launch Pack’ with radar distance cruise control, veneered iPad drawer and picnic tables and additional minor gauges. Complete with the flying ‘B’ radiator mascot, it is finished in Brodgar (silver grey metallic) with a linen-coloured leather interior complemented with Highland Hare (dark grey) carpets. Additional options include stainless steel door pillar finisher, ambient interior mood lighting, rear view camera, TV, DAB Radio and 21" classic alloy wheels. Having covered just 41,150 miles, garaged and only ever cleaned by hand, it is therefore, obviously, in excellent condition throughout. Importantly, the service history is also beyond reproach. Bentley Leicester main agents of course, for the first four services, August 2011 at 10,363 miles, July 2012 at 15,915 miles, July 2013 at 17,856 miles and June 2014 at 19,748 miles. The next three services took place at Bentley Cheltenham in April 2015 at 22,560 miles, January 2016 at 29,585 miles and November 2016 at 36,309 miles. Finally, in November 2018 at 40,855 miles at HR Owen in London. The driving experience is like no other luxury car, the sumptuous interior appears at odds with the effortless power available and the ability to carry its passengers in ultimate comfort up to 190mph. It ticks all the boxes and is, frankly, outstanding.
    • ESTIMATE£48,000 - £58,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • ESTIMATE£48,000 - £56,000
    • Sold:£49,500
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number133
    • RegistrationPYY 450D
    • Chassis Number11304212007671
    • Odometer Reading81,567 miles
    • Engine Number12798120011422
    • Estimate£48,000 - £56,000
    • Model230 SL Pagoda
    • FE Cat descLaunched at the Geneva Motor Show in March of 1963, the 230 SL was a very different car to its predecessors. Intended as the replacement for the 190 SL, the 230 SL abandoned the four-cylinder engine in favour of a 2.3 litre fuel-injected six cylinder engine, producing 150bhp. The new engine was derived from that of the great 220 SE. The Paul Bracq penned body was an all new, stylish design which became an instant classic. Beneath the skin, the running gear was conventional Mercedes-Benz, featuring independent suspension, disc brakes on the front and rear drums. Top speed was in excess of 120mph. Soon after the 230 SL was announced, Eugen Bohringer drove one to victory in the Spa-Sofia-Liège Rally, and although competition outings are rare, this was the sort of debut one would expect from the Stuttgart factory. These SL models were amongst the most-loved sports-tourers of their day and continue to be highly sought after by collectors. This lefthand drive Mercedes-Benz is thought to be a European specification example which found its way to Guernsey. The history folder contains invoices issued by MB Jacksons in St. Peters Port from 1972 through to 1985. At 66,680 miles the engine was fully rebuilt by MB Jacksons; this included a rebore, new pistons, new cylinder head and crankshaft bearings. The car then found its way to the US where it appeared to live until 2001. It was then stored for a lengthy period and eventually the current vendor purchased the 230 SL in 2010. A fastidious and knowledgeable car enthusiast, he has invested significant sums to ensure this example presents in very good order. The work commissioned by him included a new fuel tank, new injectors and a reconditioned delivery pump. In addition to this, the manual gearbox was overhauled, the brake system was also overhauled as was the suspension. The result of this is a 230 SL Pagoda that is a very well sorted example. Supplied with a V5C registration document and a full years MoT test certificate together with an interesting history folder, this Mercedes-Benz is finished in metallic burgundy with grey leather trim and is supplied with a hardtop.
    • ESTIMATE£48,000 - £56,000
    • Sold:£49,500
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£15,000 - £18,000
    • Sold:£21,450
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number134
    • RegistrationM974 TMS
    • Chassis NumberSCAZG03C7SCH55201
    • Odometer Reading103,609 miles
    • Engine Number81643L410MTKR
    • Estimate£15,000 - £18,000
    • ModelFlying Spur
    • FE Cat descThe Rolls-Royce advertising logo of making the best cars in the world was certainly relevant when the Flying Spur model was launched. This model was not just the fastest or most expensive Rolls-Royce saloon to appear on the price list but was also the most exclusive, with just 150 examples being produced by the factory in Crewe. Apart from the restriction in numbers produced it was the first Rolls-Royce to be fitted with a turbocharger. The factory announced that although weighing in at 2387kg this model could propel itself to 60mph in a remarkable 6.9 seconds. This newly turbocharged engine also produced the greatest torque of any production car at the time and eclipsed even the McLaren F1 and Aston Martin Vantage. This impressive Rolls-Royce was ordered new from the Murray Motor Company in Edinburgh, at a cost of circa £150,000, and was delivered straight to Mulliner Park Ward for upgrades and improvements. The original factory build sheet for this Rolls-Royce shows the attractive colour combination of Royal Ebony and Parchment leather in addition to some well thought out enhancements. These include RR insignia and inlay to all doors, veneered panels to all doors with Parchment piping around the door handles and an upgraded power amp. The addition of a Harvey Bailey handling kit, upgraded alloy wheels, picnic tables, electric rear seats and badge bar mean that this car not only looks the part but also handles well. The comprehensive paperwork file that accompanies this Flying Spur includes the original service book and handbooks, receipts for service works that total nearly £45, 000, the V5 registration document and an MoT test certificate valid until 14th June 2020. This well presented, well looked after epitome of classic English motoring will still turn heads and is available for a fraction of its original cost.
    • ESTIMATE£15,000 - £18,000
    • Sold:£21,450
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£18,000 - £22,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • Lot Number135
    • RegistrationV440 DDF
    • Chassis NumberSDLAA04R4XB001971
    • Odometer Reading43,000 miles
    • Engine Number37A50P7924
    • Estimate£18,000 - £22,000
    • ModelGriffith 500
    • FE Cat descThe Griffith was the car that catapulted TVR into the big league of performance car manufacturers when it was unveiled as a concept at the 1990 Motor Show. Quite apart from being incredibly fast, it also looked stunning. Over 300 orders were taken at the show and, when the first cars were delivered to the press and public in 1992, the reception was even better; “Shockingly loud, unapologetically politically incorrect but unapologetically great too”, said Autocar. Based on the spaceframe chassis developed for the Tuscan race car, the first run of cars used Rover V8s reworked to give either 240bhp (4.0-litre) or 280bhp (4.3-litre), but things got even better in 1994 with the launch of the 340bhp (5.0-litre) Griffith 500 which could reach 60mph in just 4.1 seconds on its way to a top speed of 167mph. To cope with the uprated performance, the 500 also came with better brakes, Koni dampers and stiffer chassis settings. Offered here is the ultimate example, the 500. First registered in October 1999, this UK supplied, righthand drive example had the benefit of being ordered with air conditioning from the factory. Presented in Moonraker Black with black interior and gold stitching, this two owner example has a good history, showing the car’s maintenance throughout its life. The engine benefitted from a refresh 2,000 miles ago as a precautionary measure after an oil pump failure. The bearings and piston rings were also replaced at this time. The car is reported to run and drive very well making an incredible noise. It comes supplied with a V5C registration document, MoT test certificate valid until September 2020 and its history file includes an extensive compilation of invoices of work carried out. Why not take pleasure in scaring the neighbours every time you start it up!
    • ESTIMATE£18,000 - £22,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • ESTIMATE£14,000 - £16,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • Lot Number136
    • RegistrationOBU 650P
    • Chassis Number1931
    • Odometer Reading52,000 miles
    • Engine Numbertbc
    • Estimate£14,000 - £16,000
    • ModelBeta Montecarlo Spider by Pininfarina
    • FE Cat descLancia was founded in November 1906 in by Vincenzo Lancia and his friend Claudio Fogolin, both Fiat racing drivers. The first Lancia, the ‘Tipo 51’ or 12HP was constructed in 1907. Sadly, in 1937, Vincenzo died and his wife and son, Gianni Lancia, took over the firm. The innovativeness, constant quest for excellence, the fixation of quality and complication of the construction processes together with the antiquated machinery meant that all cars, essentially, had to be handmade. These models were mid-engined sports cars produced from 1975 through to 1982. Cars from 1975 to 1978 were known as Lancia Beta Montecarlos and the latter cars, produced from 1979 to 1982, simply as Lancia Montecarlos. Both series were offered in coupé and spider versions and designed by Pininfarina. This lovely example is presented in white with blue cloth interior and was found by a friend of the owner in Italy. We are informed the car is very original apart from having a full repaint at some point. The previous owner had the car serviced and fitted with a new cambelt and had some work done on the brakes. Also, new Dunlop tyres were recently fitted. When the present owner brought the car back to the UK he had it thoroughly looked over by Lancia Montecarlo specialist, Darren Cooksey. All the brake calipers were stripped, cleaned and rebuilt, a tie rod bush was replaced, the steering rack was rebuilt and the wheel alignment took place. The coolant was replaced along with a new thermostat. The owner also had the throttle bush and linkage replaced along with all the gear linkage bushes which we understand were both common faults on this model. The roof straps and a door trim were also replaced. The vendor states this Lancia drives superbly and is still exciting on country roads, particularly as one feels so close to the ground when in the cockpit.
    • ESTIMATE£14,000 - £16,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • Sold:£3,774
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number137
    • RegistrationMPL 440
    • Chassis NumberEL1058
    • Odometer Reading55,740 Miles
    • Engine NumberJMB106
    • EstimateNo reserve
    • Model(2 Litre)
    • FE Cat descProduced in Surrey between 1947 and 1956 and powered by the company’s tried and tested 1,991cc engine, 1,284 AC two litre, four-door saloons were built. The car featured an aluminium panelled body on a wooden frame which was fitted to a conventional steel chassis. The factory claimed a power output of 74bhp. In 1948 a two-door saloon costing £1,277 was tested by the Motor Magazine achieving a top speed of 80mph and could accelerate from 0-60mph in 19.9 seconds. This two-litre saloon was purchased as a project by the vendor in 2013. Unfortunately, a lack of time has prohibited the works being undertaken. Offered in green with a beige leather interior, this AC saloon has benefitted from dry storage by the current owner. Presented to auction with a V5C registration document and the original buff registration book, we are informed that this split screen AC runs. With so few still in existence and offered without reserve, MPL 440 should prove to be a rewarding purchase for any next owner.
    • Sold:£3,774
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£6,875
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number138
    • RegistrationVSY 307
    • Chassis Number22865
    • Odometer Reading06,191 Miles
    • Engine NumberTBA
    • EstimateNo reserve
    • ModelA35 Van
    • FE Cat desc1951 saw Austin's reply to the Morris Minor, the A30 was launched at the Motor Show of that year.A more cautious design than the Minor, the A30 was nevertheless Austin's first unitary construction car and the first to be powered by the famous A-Series engine. The A30's selling price undercut the Minor's by £10, thanks in part to such cost-cutting features as external door hinges, a solitary rear light, sliding windows and rear brakes operated by a single hydraulic cylinder via a mechanical linkage. A two-door model joined the four-door original in 1953, with van and estate versions following in 1954. The model was updated in 1956 with a wider rear window, remote gear lever and the 948cc engine, becoming the A35. Saloon production ceased on the Mini's arrival in August 1959, though the particularly popular A35 van would live on until 1968. This A35 van was originally registered on 17th July 1963 and was purchased by the vendor in September 2012 for use as a promotional tool for their business. At the time of the purchase the interior was a little tired and was fully re-trimmed in leather, the carpets replaced and the load area boarded and trimmed. Supervan, as the van is affectionately called, was subject to a full restoration circa 1999 by a renowned A35 specialist, which was documented and the subject of a club magazine article. Whilst being restored the engine and gearbox were replaced for 1098cc MG Midget units along with front disk brakes, anti roll bar, twin carburettors and a higher ration rear differential making for a much more useable vehicle able to keep up with modern traffic. Supplied with a V5C registration document, a handbook and some previous MoT test certificates together with a collection of invoices. This Austin A35 van is an ideal way to market a business or enjoy uncomplicated classic car motoring that is both tax and MoT exempt.
    • Sold:£6,875
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£14,000 - £17,000
    • Sold:£18,700
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number139
    • RegistrationKNZ 1037
    • Chassis NumberWDB12328322010786
    • Odometer Reading103,000 miles
    • Engine Number10298022050342
    • Estimate£14,000 - £17,000
    • Model230 TE Service Car
    • FE Cat descThe Mercedes W123 is a range of executive cars produced between January 1976 and January 1986. This new model was larger in wheelbase and exterior dimensions than its predecessor and enjoyed a greater sales rate than the car it replaced, selling 2.7 million cars worldwide. This 230 TE was first registered in 1985 at the UK head office of Mercedes-Benz in Milton Keynes. It is one of only four cars to have been used as an official Mercedes-Benz Service Car. It still carries the blue and white paint scheme and decals of the service vehicles. As part of its service livery it is fitted with a very rare, boot mounted tool box and roof rack. This car is supplied to auction with a V5C registration document and an MoT test certificate valid until May 2020. The rareness of this car has recently been rewarded with a space on display at Mercedes-Benz World in Surrey. KNZ 1037 is both a rare but usable modern classic ready to be enjoyed by a new owner.
    • ESTIMATE£14,000 - £17,000
    • Sold:£18,700
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£71,500
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number140
    • Registration615 XVD
    • Chassis Number875842
    • Odometer Readingtbc
    • Engine NumberRA2486-9
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelE-Type Series I Roadster 'Flat Floor'
    • FE Cat descThe early Series I E-Type Jaguar is not just the most beautiful car on earth but it represents the genesis of the monocoque sportscar as well as heart-stopping lines and a profile that was owned by the rich and famous and desired by everyone else. Whilst the preceding D-Type possessed a similar layout, the E-Type offered luggage space, easier ingress and egress using wider doors combined with a super-flexible six-cylinder, 3.8 litre engine that could burble along at 10mph in top gear or leap quickly up to its top speed of 150mph with a light depression of the throttle. The car itself was also lighter than the preceding XK, by over 500lbs no less and this, when combined with one of the most efficient shapes ever penned, even by today’s standards, could not help but receive a standing ovation when unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in 1961. Malcolm Sayer’s ravishing composition aside, the front suspension was similar to the XK150's wishbones and torsion bars but the rear was revolutionary. Comprising transverse lower links and fixed-length driveshafts, its wheels were suspended on coil spring-shock absorber units, two to a side. The differential was mounted to a steel cross-member and hosted inboard disc brakes. Anti-roll bars were installed front and rear. The comparative rarity of these early ‘flat floor’ cars, 2,615 made in total, makes them especially appealing to collectors today. This particular example, chassis number 875842, which makes it the 842nd roadster made with a lefthand drive configuration. Back in 1962, the boys at Browns Lane couldn’t press louvres into the bonnet as a whole unit so, it is thought, holes were cut into the bonnet and the louvres were spot welded in from the changing room lockers. Later pressed louvres were made specifically and welded in before louvres were able to be pressed in the entire panel. These are clear indicators of an early car. Originally painted, as per the JDHT Certificate, in opalescent bronze with a red interior and black hood. Later, the following month, it was shipped to the US territory of Puerto Rico where it was sold to its first owner via the Rio Pedras Motor Corporation. Sadly, nothing is known of its subsequent history. The story of this car picks up only very recently when it was discovered by a gentleman in Germany, returned to the UK and registered as 615 XVD in November 2018. It was then sold to its current owner and became part of his extensive, and very exclusive, private collection. Appearing to be in remarkably sound condition throughout, it has lost its original engine at some point (R2263-9) but the unit currently fitted (RA2486-9) is a correct 3.8 litre, E-Type engine dating from June 1963 and, importantly, with the correct compression ratio for this build date. This represents a rare opportunity not only to acquire a ‘Flat Floor’ roadster, a rolling and running restoration, but also offered, miraculously, without reserve. If it were me, I would use it just as it is!
    • Sold:£71,500
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£67,000 - £72,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • Lot Number141
    • RegistrationNHM 744X
    • Chassis NumberAM122/A653
    • Odometer Reading68,000 km
    • Engine Number520402
    • Estimate£67,000 - £72,000
    • ModelMerak SS
    • FE Cat descMaserati followed up its first mid-engined supercar, the Bora, with the similar Merak. Launched in 1972, the latter was intended as competition for Ferrari's top-selling Dino 246 and used a stretched, 3.0 litre, 190bhp version of the four-cam V6 that had debuted in the Citroën SM. The French firm owned Maserati at the time, so the Merak made use of the SM's transmission, power-operated, all-disc braking and more controversially, Citroën's quirky instrumentation, though this applied to lefthand drive cars only, righthand drive examples using the more conventional fascia of the Bora. The chassis, all-independent suspension and impeccable handling remained basically as the V8 engined Bora's, though the Merak offered the convenience of a plus two seating in the rear and superior all-round vision thanks to its distinctive rear 'flying buttresses'. Competition from Ferrari's new Dino V8 prompted the introduction of a more powerful version, the Merak SS with 220bhp engine and revised interior for 1975. Widely recognised as one of the finest, if not the finest, of contemporary V6s, the Merak SS engine proved smooth, powerful and capable of delivering its power over a surprisingly wide range for such a high performance engine. Like any true thoroughbred, the Merak possessed handling commensurate with its breathtaking acceleration and 150mph maximum speed, which for the period was outstanding. 'Performance and handling are the raison d'être of a mid-engined sports car, and the Merak's astounding cornering power is a match for its straight-line punch,' observed Motor magazine. This car, chassis 653, is an SS model, lighter and more powerful than preceding Meraks. The SS is fitted with bigger carburettors, has a higher compression ratio and improved trim including the Bora dashboard. This example is a Tipo AM122/A factory righthand drive car, manufactured in February 1982 and thought to be one of about 300 made. Featured in Classic & Sportscar magazine, this car was owned by a fastidious individual who adopted a cost no object approach to his Maserati. As such, this Merak has been through the workshops of Italian car specialist DTR (with parts from Bill McGrath Maserati specialists) where it has received a concours standard repaint, retrim and fully rebuilt engine, amongst other works. The impressive history file records around £75,000 has been spent on this car in the last few years, which has brought it up to the exceptional standard it presents here today, with the restoration reflecting high quality workmanship respecting originality. The Maserati Classiche certification accompanying the car confirms that it is in the original colour scheme and fitted with its original engine (matching numbers). The Giugiaro designed body presents spectacularly with excellent panel fitment (not a given with this model) and correct gaps throughout. Repainted in 2016, the glass like paint finish, in the original classic Maserati red 'Rosso Fuoco' is fantastic and is without blemish. All the glass is lovely on this car, along with very nice exterior trim and lenses. The refinished Campagnolo magnesium wheels are unmarked and the overall presentation of this Merak will satisfy the most discerning person. Only 1000 miles ago, this Merak benefitted from an extensive engine rebuild with new pistons, liners, chains, valves, main and big end bearing shells and a full lighten and balance of the crankshaft. The clutch assembly, including hydraulics have been replaced, the Weber carburettors rebuilt and a stainless sports exhaust system fitted, together with a new LHM tank. The engine bay is very correct in presentation and all components have been expertly refinished, including vapour blasting the engine block and heads and gold passivating of many engine fittings. It was recently fitted with correct Michelin XWX tyres all round and is sold with a fresh MoT test certificate. The car’s interior is simply gorgeous. Re-trimmed to original specifications, the black leather seats, carpets and door cards have been redone, with the dashboard being trimmed in the right 'mouse hair' material. The wheels have been repainted and new tyres fitted and a new stainless steel exhaust has also been fitted. The car is presented with a Becker Monza radio/tape player and everything works including the clock, you can enjoy this leather lined cocoon in comfort with cold, re-gassed air conditioning. This beautifully presented example of a classic Maserati is ready for shows, events or simple enjoyment as the great sports car it was intended to be. A matching numbers Merak in ultimate SS guise, in the best colour scheme, this must surely be amongst one of the very best examples out there.
    • ESTIMATE£67,000 - £72,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • ESTIMATE£18,000 - £21,000
    • Sold:£20,075
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number142
    • RegistrationFUS 667S
    • Chassis NumberAR3025892
    • Odometer Reading70,000 km
    • Engine Numbertbc
    • Estimate£18,000 - £21,500
    • Model2000 GTV
    • FE Cat desc* REDUCED ESTIMATE * Introduced in 1971, the 2000 GTV was the final version of the classic 105 Series Alfa Romeo, which are so pretty and highly sought after. There were no major styling changes made by Bertone, merely a new grille, the body remaining the same as the preceding 1600 and 1750 models. Representing the final enlargement of Alfa's legendary twin-cam four, the 1962cc engine produced 132bhp, which was mated to a five-speed gearbox and limited-slip differential improving road handling. Torquier than its 1750 predecessor, the 2000 GTV was good for a top speed of 120mph. This particular example was built in 1975 but not sold until 1977 via Maasland Alfa Romeo in the Netherlands. It is presented in Periwinkle Blue with a bespoke/custom made red leather interior, tinted windows and it also comes with Campagnolo Turbina alloy wheels. After the car had been in storage it was recommissioned by the 105 Workshop in the Netherlands, who are a well known Dutch Alfa Romeo specialist. This car is lefthand drive and has a fully electric sunroof, it is supplied with history file containing many old invoices for work carried out. These are rare sports cars from the Italian marque and in this condition, it will grace any show but most of all be great fun on the road.
    • ESTIMATE£18,000 - £21,000
    • Sold:£20,075
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£7,975
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number143
    • RegistrationAKH4 53K
    • Chassis NumberAAVC320871F
    • Odometer Reading17,013 miles
    • Engine Number10V189EL87104
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelMinor 1000 Van (6cwt)
    • FE Cat descWith Austin and Morris both being part of BMC, the Minor-based Morris commercials were also marketed as the Austin 6cwt and Austin 8cwt, with a closed van and open pick-up version of the Minor being built from 1953 until the end of production in 1973. They were designed for commercial use with small businesses in mind, although many made their way to larger corporations. The van version was popular with the Post Office, with the early version of these (to around 1956) having rubber front wings, to cope with the sometimes unforgiving busy situations in which they were expected to work. Both the van and the pick-up differed from the monocoque construction of the Saloon and Traveller variants, by having a separate chassis. They also differed in details such as telescopic rear dampers, stiffer rear leaf springs and lower-ratio differentials to cope with the heavier loads. The commercial versions were initially marketed as the Morris Quarter Ton Van and Pick-up, with a Series III designation applied from 1956. The names Minor 6cwt Van and Pickup were used following the introduction of the 1098cc engine in 1962, and the 8cwt version was added in 1968. This 1971 Austin Minor 1000 6cwt Van was repainted by the previous owner in 2013, changing the colour from maroon and cream to the present colour of green. Over the next three years the van was shown at various classic car shows. It was purchased by the current keeper in 2018, a specialist film vehicle hire company, for the use in the up and coming film ‘Peter Rabbit 2’ which is being released 27th March 2020. The MoT test certificate history shows that this Morris has covered less than 10,000 in the last twelve years. Supplied with a V5C registration document, this is a rare opportunity to purchase a Austin Morris Minor 1000 6cwt Van offered without reserve which now has some film providence and if the second film does as well as the first could cause a rise in value in the future.
    • Sold:£7,975
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Sold:£8,103
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number144
    • RegistrationALC 733A
    • Chassis Number24110375/B
    • Odometer Reading94,778 miles
    • Engine Number95127675E
    • EstimateNo Reserve
    • ModelSeries IIa Pick-up (88”)
    • FE Cat descThe Land Rover Series IIa is considered by many to be the hardiest Series model constructed. It is also quite possibly the model that features most strongly in the general public's perception of the Land Rover, from its many appearances in popular films and television documentaries set in Africa throughout the 1960s, such as Born Free. In February 1968, just a few months after its manufacturer had been subsumed, under government pressure, into the Leyland Motor Corporation, the Land Rover celebrated its twentieth birthday, with total production to date just short of 600,000 of which more than 70% had been exported. It was whilst the Series IIa was in production that sales of utility Land Rovers reached their peak, in 1969-70, sales of over 60,000 Land Rovers a year were recorded. Compare that with sales of the Defender in recent years which have been around the 25,000 level since the 1990s. As well as record sales, the Land Rover dominated many world markets, in Australia, for example, the Land Rover held 90% of the 4×4 market in the 1960’s. This 1963 Land Rover Series IIa Pick-up was purchased early this year by a specialist film vehicle rental company to feature in the new film 'Peter Rabbit 2', it replaced the Land Rover that was in the first film. To that end a series of modifications were carried out to make it look like the 1970’s Land Rover that featured in the first Peter Rabbit film. The new Peter Rabbit film is being released on 27th March 2020. This example is finished in green with brown seats and is supplied with a V5 registration document, an MoT test certificate which expires in January 2020 and a few old MoT certificates. This is a rare opportunity to purchase a Land Rover Series IIa Pick-up, offered without reserve, which now has an interesting film provenance.
    • Sold:£8,103
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£36,000 - £41,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • Lot Number145
    • RegistrationOUI 9118
    • Chassis NumberWP0ZZZ99ZSS332305
    • Odometer Reading94,500 miles
    • Engine Number63S06324
    • Estimate£36,000 - £41,000
    • Model911/993 Carrera Convertible
    • FE Cat descThe Porsche 993 was introduced in 1993 as a replacement for the 964 generation of the iconic 911 models and was built until 1998. Regarded by many as the best generation of 911's ever produced from Stuttgart, this car was the last to use the air-cooled flat six engine that had powered 911's for the previous thirty years. It was offered in a number of guises and specifications during its production life including two and four-wheel drive, known as Carrera and Carrera 4 respectively. This stunning example was first registered on 1st August 1995, it is presented in excellent metallic Polar Silver with classic grey leather interior which has recently been renewed and thus unmarked. Treated to a new hood in blue, this example was specified new from the factory with the lowered chassis, sports seats and wind deflector, all of which are detailed on the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity supplied with the car. The car has also benefitted from a new battery and rear silencers in March of this year, rear tyres in 2018 and it boasts a tonneau cover and two sets of keys. Our private owner, a Porsche enthusiast and club member, purchased the car in 2015 and has since serviced the car with well-known specialists, Northway Porsche, with 18 stamps found in the original stamped maintenance book and continuation book, due to the original being full. Contained within the large history file are invoices for new ignition leads in 2017 and a clutch and slave cylinder in 2016, both under 1,000 miles ago, these are coupled to a current MoT test certificate valid until April 2020. A car that has been garaged and is in stunning order throughout with a fabulous history, this is truly a gem of a 993. This is one of the best of the last air-cooled 911's offered with a fitting 911 registration plate included with the car.
    • ESTIMATE£36,000 - £41,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • Sold:£1,760
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number146
    • RegistrationLF51 NYZ
    • Chassis NumberWVWZZZ1EZ2K 006035
    • Odometer Reading95,952 Miles
    • Engine NumberAWF 001154
    • EstimateNo reserve
    • ModelGolf SE Cabriolet
    • FE Cat descIn May 1974, Volkswagen presented the first generation Golf as a modern, front-wheel drive, long range replacement for the Volkswagen Beetle. Later Golf variations included the Golf GTi 'hot hatch' introduced in June 1976, a diesel powered version from September 1976, the Jetta Saloon in October 1979 and, from the end of 1979, the Golf Cabriolet built by Karmann. The Golf Mk. IV was first introduced in August 1997, followed by a saloon version (VW Bora) in August 1998 and a new Golf Variant (estate) in March 1999. There was no Mk. IV derived Cabriolet although the Mk. III Cabriolet received a facelift in late 1999 that consisted of bumpers, grille and headlights similar to those of the Mk. IV models. Originally registered on 11th October 2001, this Golf SE Cabriolet is a good specification vehicle and is fitted with automatic transmission, air conditioning and a power roof. The dark blue coachwork is in good, rust free, condition and the black interior trim is very clean and tidy. The most recent work carried out on 8th July 2017 at 94,675 miles included a service and a new cambelt. With German reliability and timeless styling, this Golf SE Cabriolet is supplied with V5C registration document and a current MoT test certificate valid until 22nd July 2020 (no advisories) and some invoices. Offered for sale without reserve.
    • Sold:£1,760
    • StatusCLOSED
    • ESTIMATE£10,000 - £13,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • Lot Number147
    • RegistrationJBV 533N
    • Chassis NumberCR 58360
    • Odometer Reading71,219 miles
    • Engine NumberCR 3717HE
    • Estimate£10,000 - £13,000
    • ModelTR6
    • FE Cat descFrom the birth of the original TR1 of 1952 through to the TR250 of 1968, Triumph Motor Company’s line of TR sports cars were both groundbreaking and commercially successful. Michelotti, the designer of the TR250, was unable to commit to the new project and, in their place, Karmann of West Germany were awarded the contract. Utilising many of the same lines, even body elements such as doors, Karmann focused on improving the aerodynamics of the new TR6, most notably with the inclusion of a Kamm tail to minimize wind resistance. To the sports car enthusiast of the early 1970s, the TR6 offered speed, a throaty engine note, a smooth four-speed gearbox and exceptional road handling housed in a masculine, convertible body. Originally registered on 12th February 1975, this presents in good order throughout. The often troublesome fuel injection system has been removed and it now has fuel delivered to the engine via twin SU carburettors. We are advised by the vendor she runs well with no known faults; these Triumph sports cars are well designed and simple to work on. The six cylinder, 2498cc engines are reliable units and it pulls well through the gears. Supplied with a V5C registration document together with an MoT test certificate valid until 4th March 2020, this fine example is one of only 8,370 UK righthand drive examples manufactured.
    • ESTIMATE£10,000 - £13,000
    • StatusUnsold
    • ESTIMATE£12,000 - £15,000
    • Sold:£11,655
    • StatusCLOSED
    • Lot Number148
    • RegistrationLR56 TNU
    • Chassis NumberSCRT4B6ME6C160826
    • Odometer Reading15,742 Miles
    • Engine NumberZSD424 D2230/989DP
    • Estimate£12,000 - £15,000
    • ModelLTI TXII Gold
    • FE Cat descThe TXII is a Hackney Carriage manufactured by LTI. It is the second model following the modernisation and re-design of the London Taxi that began with the TXI. The vehicle has a handful of differences from its predecessor including a change of engine from Nissan to the intercooled Ford Duratorq which, according to the manufacturer, increases torque by 21%. The remaining modifications are largely cosmetic or are minor improvements to the design and equipment on the TXI. It was available with a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic. This London Taxi has been used as a chauffeur driven private vehicle and, as such, has covered only 15,742 miles in thirteen years. Finished in Forest Green and with grey velour trim, this taxi also benefits from front and rear air conditioning, automatic transmission and a C.D. system. To be expected from such a low mileage example, it is in unmarked condition and ready to use immediately. LTI Taxi’s are becoming increasingly popular and low mileage examples, such as this, are sure to become collectable at some stage.
    • ESTIMATE£12,000 - £15,000
    • Sold:£11,655
    • StatusCLOSED
Auction lots per page
Previous Lot|1234|Next Lot